Create your own Pinterest worthy piece of chalkboard art featuring calligraphy and design details with this DIY kit! These are the same kits we use in our Chalkboard Art & Lettering Workshop.
No previous experience or lettering skills are required. If you can trace an outline... you can do it!
This kit includes:
- 12"x15" wood framed chalkboard with hardware for hanging
- Transfer paper
- White broad-tipped chalk marker
- Step by step guide with useful tips and tricks
Note: Not included but you'll also need:
- print out(s) on paper of the design you'd like to create (tips for doing this are included!)
- other chalk colors, if you'd prefer. White is included in the kit. We recommend Uchida Bistro chalk markers
Interested in lettering by hand and need more direction?
Add on the Big Awesome Book of Hand & Chalk Lettering to your kit! With illustrated step-by-step instructions, this book shows the complete beginner how to master the art of hand lettering. Learn best practices for the composition and design of phrases on the page, and practice flourishes to embellish your design.
This 208 page book covers 15 lettering styles, both serifs and scripts—from Black Letter and "melting" to circus and Victorian. Also included are numerous borders, corners, banners, bursts, frames, and other accents.
This instructional book includes chalk lettering, fun prompts for writing, and 15 craft and gift ideas. Put your personal touch on projects ranging from gift tags and chalk-lettered signs, to place cards and house number signs.